About Henry Lopez
Henry is a Serial Entrepreneur, Small Business Coach & Consultant, and Host of The How of Business podcast show.
Henry has over 35 years of diverse business experience, including successful careers in the information technology industry, sales, sales training and business ownership. He is currently the Managing Partner of Levante Business Group (supporting entrepreneurs and small business owners and producers of The How of Business podcast), co-owner of L3 Destinations (a Travel Agency co-founded with his wife), and a minority partner and investor in Office Evolution of Plantation (an executive suites and co-working business center franchise location). Henry currently resides in Port Saint Lucie, Florida with his wife Pam.
He has been directly involved in over 11 different small businesses since purchasing his first business in 1991. He has developed and launched his own businesses, and has bought and sold businesses as well. Henry also serves as a volunteer SCORE Mentor.
Henry’s Images & Logo:
Potential Interview Topics & Questions:
Henry is able to draw upon his many years of experience with small business ownership and working with his business coaching clients. Following are some potential business topics and questions Henry can cover during an interview:
|Interview Topic:||Interview Questions:|
|Henry’s Entrepreneur Journey
|• Share the story of your entrepreneurial journey, from starting your first business while keeping your day job, to your current endeavors.
• What are some of the struggles and failures you had to overcome along the way?
• Why did you decide to become your own boss, and what motivates you now?
|Starting Your Business – Are You Ready?||• Why do you believe that people have to determine how ready, willing and able they are to start their first business?
•What does it take to start a business?
• What are some of the common characteristics of successful small business owners?
• What do you mean by “ready, willing and able” to start a small business?
• What are some of the common misconceptions about entrepreneurship?
|Buying & Selling a Small Business||• Why should someone consider buying an existing small business, instead of starting a new one ?
• What are some things to consider when evaluating a business to buy? How do you determine the right price to pay?
• How do you prepare your small business for sale?
• Why should we always prepare our small business for a potential exit?
|Remarkable Customer Experiences
|• What do you mean by Remarkable Customer Experiences?
• How do you deliver consistently great customer service?
• Can you provide excellent customer service with hourly wage employees?
• Introduce the 6 Steps to Delivering Remarkable Customer Experiences.
|Small Business Systems||• What is a business system?
• Why are business systems critical to the long-term success of a small business?
• How do you begin to develop the systems for a small business?
|• What are the some of the advantages and disadvantages of a franchise business?
• What are the four potential benefits you should consider when evaluating a franchise business?
• How do you know if a franchise business is for you?
|Business Partnerships||• Share your experiences with partnerships, and why you prefer to work with a business partner?
• What are your thoughts and experiences doing business with family and friends?
• Introduce the three pillars of a successful business partnership?
|Personal & Business Productivity||• Share some tips & techniques to improve productivity.
• What are the three reasons business owners should get better at delegating?
• How do you manage your time and juggle working on multiple businesses?
Henry’s appearances on other shows:
- Winning On Main Street Podcast (audio)
- Winning On Main Street (video)
- Franchise Freedom Podcast (audio)
- The Ready Entrepreneur Podcast (audio)
- Keys to the Shop – 5 Common Traits of Successful Small Businesses (audio)
- Business Owner’s Freedom Formula Show – Business Partnerships (audio & video)
- The Small Business Show Podcast (audio)
- Everything Business Envelope Podcast (audio)
- DreamNation Podcast – How to Start a Small Business (audio)
- The Business Power Hour – Delivering Remarkable Customer Experiences (audio)
- The Business Power Hour – Delivering Remarkable Customer Experiences (video)
- Diversified Income Podcast – Entrepreneurship & When to Sell (audio)
- Run With It – Business Start-Up Idea (audio)
- The Hot Mic @ Arch DevOps – Are You Ready, Willing & Able (audio)
- David C Barnett SmallBiz Christmas Eve Live 2019 (starting at 39:00, audio & video)
- Entrepreneur Motivation Podcast (audio & video)
- Systems Meet Humanity (audio)
- Joan Sotkin’s Prosperity Place Podcast (audio)
- Conscious Millionaire Podcast (audio)
- Smashing the Plateau Podcast (audio)
- The Business Credit & Financing Show (audio)
- Stop Riding The Pine (audio)
- The Optimistic Entrepreneur (audio)
- Conscious Millionaire Podcast (2nd Appearance, audio)
- Social Sidekick Podcast (audio)
- Breakthrough Success Podcast (audio)
- Joan Sotkin’s Prosperity Place Podcast – (2nd Appearance, audio)
- School for Startups Radio Show – (audio)
Henry’s Business Ownership Experience:
The How of Business Podcast
Henry Lopez is the host of The How of Business podcast show, which was launched in April of 2016 with the goal of providing practical and actionable information for those who aspire to become their own boss, and for existing small business owners. This weekly show features specific small business topics and interviews with other successful business owners and professionals.
Thanks to our loyal listeners, our podcast has enjoyed consistent 5-Star reviews and top-rankings on platforms such as Apple Podcasts. The How of Business podcast is often ranked as one of the Top 200 Business shows on iTunes, and is featured as an All-Time Bestseller in the Entrepreneurship category. Our podcast averages over 55,000 unique downloads per month, and has well over 1,000,000 all-time downloads.
The How of Business podcast is consistently ranked a top podcast in iTunes/Apple Podcasts Entrepreneurship category.
[Learn More about The How of Business podcast]