Launching Proper Good with Christopher Jane
Launching Proper Good, a direct-to-consumer food company specializing in quick healthy meal options, with entrepreneur Christopher Jane. He also shares his entrepreneur journey.
Christopher Jane is an entrepreneur and the Founder & CEO of Proper Good – Proper Good offers 90-second meal solutions with options for keto, gluten-free, plant-based and other lifestyle needs.
Christopher grew up on the south coast of England before moving to Bozeman, Montana, after completing his Finance undergraduate degree in London. He then was a co-founder of Montana Mex, a clean-label condiment company that launched seven products to thousands of grocery stores. After a number of years he stepped away to do his MBA at Stanford where he came up with the idea for his newest food brand Proper Good, which launched direct-to-consumer in April 2020.
Christopher lives in Austin, Texas.
SPECIAL OFFER: Receive a 15% Discount when you use promo code: HOWOFBIZ15 – Buy Here
Launching Proper Good with Christopher Jane:
- Have you ever worked for someone else?
- What led to launching your first business, Montana Mex. Why did you exit that business?
- Why did you decide to get an MBA and how has it helped you as an entrepreneur?
- When did you know you wanted to be your own boss? Who were early entrepreneurial influences?
- Please share the story of what led to launching Proper Good.
- What is the need you are addressing in the market and who is your target customer?
- Co-founded with Jennifer?
- Launched in 2020, revenues surpassed seven figures in their first year, shipped over 100,000s meals to date.
- When are you planning to be profitable?
- How did you fund the launch?
- How long from idea to launch?
- How did you test or prototype the product?
- Why did you decide to move forward with launching in 2020 despite COVID?
- Pricing Model: Packs, Monthly Subscription (with discount).
- Distribution Model: Direct-to-consumer; other plans?
- Please share your experience in the XRC Labs retail accelerator program. What was the value?
- What’s next for Proper Good?
Episode Host: Henry Lopez is a serial entrepreneur, small business coach, and the host of this episode of The How of Business podcast show – dedicated to helping you start, run and grow your small business.
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].
- Entrepreneurial Leadership: The Art of Launching New Ventures, Inspiring Others, and Running Stuff by Joel Peterson
- Mission in a Bottle: The Honest Guide to Doing Business Differently–and Succeeding by Seth Goldman, Barry Nalebuff, Sungyoon Choi
Other Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.
This episode of The How of Business podcast is sponsored by LinkedIn Jobs. Get your first posting FREE!
We have received compensation from this sponsor partner. We only accept sponsorships from companies who we believe provide products and services that are valuable for small business owners.