Launching Proper Good with Christopher Jane.
Launching Proper Good, a direct-to-consumer food company specializing in quick healthy meal options, with entrepreneur Christopher Jane. He also shares his entrepreneur journey.
Christopher Jane is an entrepreneur and the Founder & CEO of Proper Good – Proper Good offers 90-second meal solutions with options for keto, gluten-free, plant-based and other lifestyle needs.
Christopher grew up on the south coast of England before moving to Bozeman, Montana, after completing his Finance undergraduate degree in London. He then was a co-founder of Montana Mex, a clean-label condiment company that launched seven products to thousands of grocery stores. After a number of years he stepped away to do his MBA at Stanford where he came up with the idea for his newest food brand Proper Good, which launched direct-to-consumer in April 2020.
Christopher lives in Austin, Texas.
SPECIAL OFFER: Receive a 15% Discount when you use promo code: HOWOFBIZ15 – Buy Here
Launching Proper Good with Christopher Jane:
- Have you ever worked for someone else?
- What led to launching your first business, Montana Mex. Why did you exit that business?
- Why did you decide to get an MBA and how has it helped you as an entrepreneur?
- When did you know you wanted to be your own boss? Who were early entrepreneurial influences?
- Please share the story of what led to launching Proper Good.
- What is the need you are addressing in the market and who is your target customer?
- Co-founded with Jennifer?
- Launched in 2020, revenues surpassed seven figures in their first year, shipped over 100,000s meals to date.
- When are you planning to be profitable?
- How did you fund the launch?
- How long from idea to launch?
- How did you test or prototype the product?
- Why did you decide to move forward with launching in 2020 despite COVID?
- Pricing Model: Packs, Monthly Subscription (with discount).
- Distribution Model: Direct-to-consumer; other plans?
- Please share your experience in the XRC Labs retail accelerator program. What was the value?
- What’s next for Proper Good?
Episode Host: Henry Lopez is a serial entrepreneur, small business coach, and the host of this episode of The How of Business podcast show – dedicated to helping you start, run and grow your small business.
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].
- Entrepreneurial Leadership: The Art of Launching New Ventures, Inspiring Others, and Running Stuff by Joel Peterson
- Mission in a Bottle: The Honest Guide to Doing Business Differently–and Succeeding by Seth Goldman, Barry Nalebuff, Sungyoon Choi
Other Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.