SEO and Google My Business Page with Adam Kirk.
How to improve your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and use your Google My Business Page to help your small business get found online. Adam Kirk, founder of Oostas, shares his tips and advice.
For most of us, we need to continue to be found online – perhaps now more than ever. And at the heart of being found online is this thing called Search Engine Optimization. And what about a Google My Business page? How important is it to getting my business found online? Adam Kirk is back on the show to share his insights and tips on SEO and Google My Business for business owners. What do you need to know – but don’t worry, you don’t have to be the one who actually does all this technical work!
Adam Kirk is the founder of Oostas, and one of our Business Services Partners. Oostas focuses on Digital Marketing & Website Design for small businesses, and Henry Lopez has used Oostas to help him with several of his own websites, and they are also the partner we recommend for our clients and listeners.
Adam has been a guest on The How of Business podcast several times in the past.
SEO and Google My Business Page with Adam Kirk:
- Let’s introduce SEO (Search Engine Optimization) again – from a layman’s or business owner’s perspective, what is it and why should I care?
- What is Google (and other search engines) trying to accomplish through SEO?
- What are some things the Google organic search algorithm is looking for on my small business website?
- Secure – your website must be secure and have a valid SSL certificate.
- Mobile Ready – your website is mobile-friendly or responsive.
- On-Page Optimization
- Design – how easy is it to use your website?
- What are the most important things that impact SEO on my website?
- As it relates to my website, what are three things I should do or look for that can improve my SEO?
- What are some common mistakes people make on their website related to SEO?
- How do I measure how my website is performing for SEO?
- What else is new in SEO? Are their significant or impactful changes to the Google algorithm that we should be aware of?
- Website – why does it make sense to build them with Dooda instead of WordPress?
- What is Google My Business?
- Why should I care a small business owner?
- How do I get a Google My Business Page for my business? How much does it cost?
- What do I need on my Google My Business page to make it most effective?
- How important are Google reviews, and how do I get more?
Episode Host: Henry Lopez is a serial entrepreneur, small business coach, and the host of this episode of The How of Business podcast show – dedicated to helping you start, run and grow your small business.
- FREE Website Audit Tool
- Example of Google My Business Page (Google Business Listing): Office Evolution of Plantation
Other Related Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.
More About SEO for Small Business Owners:
Improving the SEO (Search Engine Optimization) of your small business website is crucial for increasing its visibility in search engine results and driving organic traffic. Here are some best practices and tips to help small business owners improve their website’s SEO:
1. Keyword Research: Conduct thorough keyword research to identify the terms and phrases your target audience is using to search for products or services related to your business. Use keyword research tools like Google Keyword Planner, SEMrush, or Moz to find relevant keywords with a balance of search volume and competition.
2. On-Page Optimization:
– Optimize Page Titles and Meta Descriptions: Craft unique and compelling titles and meta descriptions for each page using relevant keywords.
– URL Structure: Create user-friendly and descriptive URLs that include target keywords.
– Heading Tags: Use heading tags (H1, H2, H3, etc.) to structure your content and highlight important headings.
– Content Optimization: Ensure your content is well-written, informative, and optimized with relevant keywords without overstuffing.
– Image Optimization: Optimize image file names, alt tags, and compress images to improve page loading speed.
3. User Experience and Website Performance:
– Mobile-Friendly Design: Ensure your website is mobile-friendly and responsive, as mobile usability is a significant ranking factor.
– Clear Navigation: Design a user-friendly navigation structure that allows visitors and search engines to easily navigate your website.
4. Content Creation and Strategy:
– High-Quality and Engaging Content: Create valuable and unique content that addresses the needs of your target audience. Use a mix of formats such as blog posts, videos, infographics, and guides.
– Regular Updates: Keep your website updated with fresh content to attract search engines and visitors. Consider maintaining a blog or news section to regularly publish new content.
5. Link Building and Backlinks:
– Earn High-Quality Backlinks: Focus on earning backlinks from reputable and relevant websites. Reach out to industry influencers, contribute guest posts, or create shareable content to attract backlinks naturally.
– Internal Linking: Establish a solid internal linking structure to help search engines understand the relationships between different pages on your website.
6. Local SEO:
– Claim and Optimize Google My Business: If you have a physical presence or serve a specific local area, claim and optimize your Google My Business listing to enhance local visibility.
– Local Citations: Ensure consistent NAP (Name, Address, Phone) information across online directories and listings to improve local search rankings.
7. Monitor and Analyze:
– Track your website’s performance using tools like Google Analytics and Google Search Console to gain insights into visitor behavior, keywords driving traffic, and areas for improvement.
– Monitor your website’s rankings, backlinks, and overall SEO health using SEO tools like SEMrush, Moz, or Ahrefs.
It’s important to understand that SEO is an ongoing process, and it takes time to see significant results. Stay up-to-date with SEO trends and algorithm changes to adapt your strategies accordingly. Consider seeking guidance from SEO experts or agencies if you need assistance with implementing advanced SEO techniques.