Launching & Growing MaidThis with Neel Parekh
Launching and growing MaidThis, a fully remote cleaning business and franchise, with entrepreneur Neel Parekh.
Neel shares the story of how he launched MaidThis – a business that specializes in cleaning services for residential homes and short-term/vacation rental properties – and grown it into a fully-remote local business and how he helps others do the same.
Neel Parekh is the Founder & CEO of MaidThis and MaidThis Franchise, which helps homeowners and short-term rental hosts (Airbnb, VRBO, etc.) with their cleaner needs.
They have generated millions in revenue while having a fully remote team, and now he is on a mission to help others achieve the same. He has been a “digital nomad” for almost 5 years and still vagabonding around the world (pre-COVID at least). He started his career working in venture capital and private equity and worked for more than 4 years identifying and analyzing investment opportunities and managing investment portfolios.
Neel lives in Los Angeles, California. Neel Parekh, welcome to the show.
Launching & Growing MaidThis with Neel Parekh:
- What was your ideation process – the process of identifying this need and developing a small business model?
- How long from idea to launching your small business?
- How long before you left your corporate job?
- How did you fund the launch of this small business?
- How did you test or prototype the service?
- Why the focus on vacation rentals?
- How has technology changed what a local business can look like?
- Operating a local business remotely – advantages and challenges?
- How does it impact how your build & develop your team?
- How do you meet with your cleaning employees? (For recruiting, on-boarding, training, coaching, termination, etc.)
- What’s unique about your business model that appeals to the short-term rental, vacation, and Airbnb® niche?
- Why Franchise?
Episode Host: Henry Lopez is a serial entrepreneur, small business coach, and the host of this episode of The How of Business podcast show – dedicated to helping you start, run and grow your small business.
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].
- Can’t Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds by David Goggins
Other Related Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.
This episode of The How of Business podcast is sponsored by LinkedIn Jobs. Get your first posting FREE!
We have received compensation from this sponsor partner. We only accept sponsorships from companies who we believe provide products and services that are valuable for small business owners.