Federal Government Contracts with Kizzy Parks
How service-based business owners can find and land Federal Government Contracts with Kizzy Parks.
Kizzy Parks is the founder of K. Parks Consulting (KPC), and she recently launched GovConWinners to help service-based small business owners learn how to win profitable government contracts.
Kizzy, and her services business KPC have been awarded over $50M in Federal Government Contracts. KPC serves the United States Federal Government by providing Contract Staffing Services, Professional & IT Services, Professional & Management Development Training, and Curriculum Development. They have worked successfully to support the Army, Air Force, Navy, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), The United States Office of Personnel Management (OPM), The Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and the National Guard, among other agencies.
Kizzy lives in Miami Beach, Florida.
Federal Government Contracts with Kizzy Parks – questions and topics we cover on this episodes include:
- Kizzy shares the story of her early career after college.
- She always knew she’d become an entrepreneur and earn an advanced degree in psychology.
- Why did you focus on Government Contracts?
- 2007 – Parks Consulting (KPC) – Awarded over $50M in Federal Government Contracts. KPC serves the Federal Government by providing Contract Staffing Services, Professional & IT Services, Professional & Management Development Training, and Curriculum Development.
- 2021 – GovConWinners – “I help service-based small business owners learn HOW to win profitable government contracts through the CTC approach.”
- When did you know you wanted to be your own boss? Who were early entrepreneurial influences?
- Why are you a business owner? What does it provide you?
- Please share some examples of the types of government contracts you have secured at KPC.
- Was your services business already generating revenues before you got your first government contract?
- Why did you decide to pursue government contract? What are some of the business advantages?
- How did you first learn about how to find and get government contracts?
- What was the key to landing your first contract, and what are some of the reasons you continue to get contracts?
- Please introduce the technique you teach others for finding a securing government contract.
- Please share a few of the key common mistakes to avoid.
- What do I need to have in place first before I seek government contracts?
- What is the government looking for?
- How long does the process usually take?
- How do I get started?
Episode Host: Henry Lopez is a serial entrepreneur, small business coach, and the host of this episode of The How of Business podcast show – dedicated to helping you start, run and grow your small business.
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].
- Can’t Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds David Goggins
- Sam.gov – The System for Award Management is an official website of the U.S. Government.
Other Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.