Entrepreneurial Operating System with Kelly Knight
Introduction to the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) with Kelly Knight, President & Integrator of EOS Worldwide.
Whether you are an established small business in need of the infrastructure to support your growth, or you are planning to start your first business, on this episode Kelly and Henry discuss a methodology and platform that has been implemented by tens of thousands of business leaders – the Entrepreneurial Operating System or EOS.
Kelly Knight is President & Integrator of EOS Worldwide.
The EOS platform, the Entrepreneurial Operating System, is a complete set of simple concepts and practical tools to help entrepreneurs achieve success while maintaining a healthy, functional mindset.
Before joining EOS Worldwide in 2016, Kelly enjoyed a successful career in the financial services and investing industry.
Kelly lives in the Detroit, Michigan area.
Topics and questions covered in this episode include:
- Kelly introduces EOS Worldwide and the Entrepreneur Operating System (EOS).
- What types of businesses is EOS a best fit for?
- At a high-level, how can EOS help a small business?
- How can EOS help small business owners stay motivated and keeping a positive attitude during entrepreneurship?
- You are an “Integrator” – what is your opinion on the benefits of identifying an integrator and a visionary?
- How do you perform as integrator on a daily basis? What does that look like?
- What happens when you have a visionary idea?
- What happens when you disagree with the visionary?
- What are some common mistakes business owners make with implementing EOS?
- Of particular challenge for established small business owners is the concept of “Right People in the Right Seats” – often that “person” is an owner, partner or family member. Any tips or examples of how to best address this challenge?
- Developing the systems is the relative easier part of this. The harder part is establishing priorities for your team and developing a culture and environment of trust, communication, and accountability. This is hard to accomplish consistently and long-term. Any thoughts on how the best companies achieve this?
- Why should a small business owner consider engaging an EOS Implementer?
- Kelly introduces the recently announced Franchise model for EOS.
- If I am thinking about implementing EOS, where should I start?
Episode Host: Henry Lopez is a serial entrepreneur, small business coach, and the host of this episode of The How of Business podcast show – dedicated to helping you start, run and grow your small business.
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman
- Contagious Culture: Show Up, Set the Tone, and Intentionally Create an Organization that Thrives by Anese Cavanaugh
Related Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.