Launching & Growing Flourish Market with Emily Grey
Launching & Growing The Flourish Market with Emily Grey- how Emily transitioned from a Wall Street career to owning her own fashion boutique – which she started from a truck and has grown into a 7-figure brick-and-mortar retail and online business.
Emily Grey is an impact entrepreneur, keynote speaker, coach, and the founder of the Flourish Market boutique in Raleigh, North Carolina – a social impact retailer of women’s fashions and gifts.
Emily started her career on Wall Street as a Vice President of Communications and Change Management. Five years ago, Emily founded her brick + mortar and online boutique, The Flourish Market, growing it to a million-dollar business in less than 3 years with zero paid advertising.
She started Flourish Market from a fashion truck and has grown it into a 7-figure retail location for conscious consumers carrying items that support positive social impact.
She is also the Founder of The Locality, a co-working space and incubator program for female entrepreneurs in Downtown Raleigh, NC.
Learn more about The Wholesale Way – A monthly coaching program equipping makers and brand owners to get their products onto more store shelves.
Launching & Growing Flourish Market with Emily Grey:
- Please briefly share the story of your early career.
- How and when did you develop your passion for fashion that support positive social impact.
- When did you know you wanted to be your own boss? Who were early entrepreneurial influences?
- Why are you a business owner? What does it provide you?
- What led you to launching Flourish Market? What inspired the idea?
- How long from idea to starting with the fashion truck?
- How did you fund the start-up?
- Started in “October 2015 as a uniform delivery truck turned do-good fashion truck.” Emily is a great example of the value of starting small in business and then expanding by reinvesting the profits.
- Launched brick & mortar store in Downtown Raleigh in November 2016.
- Please introduce the business model of The Flourish Market.
- How does it work, and what are the products you offer, how do you sell them, and how do you have social impact?
- What do you mean by “support positive social impact”?
- Social Impact – how are you genuinely executing on this mission?
- “Partner with 200+ brands that work all over the world including right here at home in the United States to drive positive social change.”
- “Million-dollar business in less than 3 years with zero paid advertising.” How did you hit 7 figures with no prior retail experience, ads, or loans?
- Is your small business profitable?
- The Wholesale Way – course for small social impact makers looking to learn how to get their products onto retail shelves.
Episode Host: Henry Lopez is a serial entrepreneur, small business coach, and the host of this episode of The How of Business podcast show – dedicated to helping you start, run and grow your small business.
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].
- We Should All Be Millionaires: A Woman’s Guide to Earning More, Building Wealth, and Gaining Economic Power by Rachel Rodgers
Other Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.
This episode of The How of Business podcast is sponsored by Giuseppe Grammatico – The Franchise Guide.
We have received compensation from this sponsor partner. We only accept sponsorships from companies who we believe provide products and services that are valuable for small business owners.