Health Tech Business Startup with Co-Founder Erika Tyburski.
Health Tech Business Startup with Co-Founder Erika Tyburski. Erika shares her entrepreneur journey and how she co-founded Sanguina, a health technology company that creates diagnostics and wellness tools for at-home testing.
Erika Tyburski is the CEO and co-founder of Sanguina and a Biomedical Engineer. Erika and her business partner are just two of more than 1.62 billion people worldwide who struggle with anemia, the most common blood disorder.
In 2014 she launched Sanguina – a health tech company that creates diagnostics and wellness tools for at-home testing.
Their personal battles inspired them to develop affordable and accessible products for regular anemia screening, so people like them could be proactive about their health.
Erika lives in Atlanta, Georgia.
Health Tech Business Startup with Co-Founder Erika Tyburski – topics and questions covered on this episodes include:
- Erika studied Biomedical/Medical Engineering in college.
- She began her career as a Biomedical researcher.
- What led you to launching Sanguina in 2014?
- How did you come up with the name for your business?
- When did you know you wanted to be your own boss? Who were early entrepreneurial influences?
- Why are you an entrepreneur? What does it provide you?
- Please introduce Sanguina and the products you offer.
- “…affordable and accessible products for regular anemia screening…”
- “Our ultimate goal is to help you navigate the complex healthcare world through education and accessibility, and give you information to make important health decisions. And if you need us, we’re right in your pocket.”
- “…health tech company that creates diagnostics and wellness tools for at-home testing. Our first platform is AnemoCheck for anemia management and includes an instant hemoglobin estimation smartphone app for the 1.6B people (25% of the world population) who struggle with anemia…”
- How did you develop this idea and why?
- How did you fund the launch?
- How long from idea to launch?
- How did you test or prototype the product? (She developed the first MVP in 2018.)
- What is the Pricing Model for your product?
- Manufacturing Model: How and where is the product manufactured?
- Distribution Model: How do you currently sell/distribute the product? Retail? Wholesale?
- Would you please share a significant early surprise? Something you were not expecting.
- Please briefly share your experience in the XRC Labs accelerator program. What was the value and benefit for you and Sanguina?
- What’s next for Sanguina?
Episode Host: Henry Lopez is a serial entrepreneur, small business coach, and the host of this episode of The How of Business podcast show – dedicated to helping you start, run and grow your small business.
Other Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.