Side-Hustle Small Business with Nick Loper.
How to start and grow a side-hustle small business with entrepreneur Nick Loper.
For many of us the reality is that we need to start our first business as a side-hustle – a business that we start on the side, while we keep our day job.
Nick is an expert on this approach, and on this episode of The How of Business podcast he shares his experiences and advice on starting a successful side-hustle business.
Nick Loper helps people earn money outside of their day job. He’s an author, online entrepreneur, and host of the award-winning Side Hustle Show podcast, which features new part-time business ideas each week.
As Chief Side Hustler at SideHustleNation.com, he loves deconstructing the tactics and strategies behind building extra income streams.
Nick lives in Sammamish, Washington.
Side-Hustle Small Business with Nick Loper:
- Please briefly share the story of your early career in the corporate world after college, before you started your first small business.
- Please share how you developed a side-hustle and what led you to leaving the corporate world and starting your first business?
“After graduation though, I started side hustling in earnest. Some small-scale experiments in online advertising soon turned into a full-fledged comparison shopping site for footwear, which earned commission from Zappos, Amazon, and other online shoe sellers. Three years of nights and weekends later, I left my corporate gig to become a full-time entrepreneur.”
- When did you know you wanted to be your own boss? Who were early entrepreneurial influences?
- Why are you a business owner? What does it provide you?
- What is your definition of a Side Hustle?
- Please introduce the 3 C’s: Creation, Connection, and Contribution.
(What can you build or offer that others will value? How will it help you forge lasting relationships with your friends, family, and customers? What purpose will it ultimately serve?)
- Why are side hustles so prevalent today? Why are so many Millennials starting their own businesses?
- Why do you think it’s so important for us to be “Engaged and Inspired” by the work we do?
- What are some of the most popular side hustles? What are some surprising or creative business ideas? Is it all about eCommerce?
- How can I make time for my side hustle?
- Any tips or advice for balancing a career or job, and my side-hustle business? Should I tell my co-workers? Should I expect to spend all my “free” time on the business?
- What separates those who have side hustle success from those who don’t?
- What are the most important skills for would-be entrepreneurs?
- What are some common mistakes or misconceptions around building a side hustle?
- Isn’t all this “hustle” just a recipe for burnout?
- When do I know it’s time to quit my job and go full-time into my business?
- How would you market / find customers for an eCommerce business?
- How do you determine if an idea is viable as a business model?
- Thoughts on the limitations of a side hustles – you will never fully commit until you quit your job and go full time?
- How do I get started with a side-hustle? Visit the Side Hustle Nation website for some potential business ideas.
- The importance of searching for a Fragmented Niche for your side-hustle small business ideas.
Episode Host: Henry Lopez is a serial entrepreneur, small business coach, and the host of this episode of The How of Business podcast show – dedicated to helping you start, run and grow your small business.
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].
- The Gap and The Gain: The High Achievers’ Guide to Happiness, Confidence, and Success by Dan Sullivan and Dr. Benjamin Hardy
Other Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.