Product Development with Henrik Johansson.
Henrik Johansson is a serial entrepreneur who co-founded and built Boundless into a $100M product company. Currently he is the co-founder and CEO of Gembah, a product development platform and marketplace, and the Executive Producer of Final Product, a reality TV show incubated at Gembah. He was previously a co-founder and board member of OutboundEngine, and before that the president of EverydayWealth, and co-founder and president of Creditland.
Johansson specializes in technology-enabled services, marketplaces, and software as a service. He is an expert on scaling startups, building world-class teams, culture, and scalable processes and infrastructure and has been featured in Forbes, Entrepreneur, Austin Business Journal, and was named Counselor’s 2017 Person of the Year.
Gembah’s platform connects you with leading Product Designers, Manufacturers, and Supply Chain Experts from across the globe to streamline and simplify how you get your products made. From design to sourcing, Gembah guides you through everything your small business needs to scale product development. User of Gembah’s platform includes Amazon Sellers and other e-commerce brands.
Henrik lives in Austin, Texas.
- Henrik Johansson shares how he started his career in management consulting and what led him to start his first small business.
- Why did you decide to launch Gembah?
- “Gembah’s platform connects you with leading Product Designers, Manufacturers, and Supply Chain Experts from across the globe to streamline and simplify how you get your products made.”
- Why are you a business owner? What does it provide you?
- What are some of the challenges product inventors and developers currently have?
- What are the challenges with using a platform like Alibaba to do this all myself?
- What are some common mistakes or misconceptions people have about the product development process?
- Please share some of example of the types of products that are being developed using Gemhah. Who is this for?
- Amazon Sellers (Amazon FBA)
- E-Commerce Brands
- Please share your thoughts, experiences, and tips, and how Gembah helps with the primary steps in the product development lifecycle.
- The Product Development Lifecycle:
- Manufacture (White Label and Private Label)
- Logistics & Compliance
- Please explain how I can engage your Experts for consultation.
- What will it cost?
- What if someone steals my idea?
- If I have an idea for a new product, where should I start?
Episode Host: Henry Lopez is a serial entrepreneur, small business coach, and the host of this episode of The How of Business podcast show – dedicated to helping you start, run and grow your small business.
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].
Other Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.