Improve Attention to Detail with Chris Denny.
Improve Attention to Detail with Chris Denny, to help you start, run and grow your small business.
Chris shares insights on how to develop attention to detail, for yourself and your team, to help you achieve success as a small business owner.
Chris Denny is an entrepreneur, trainer, author, consultant, and small business owner.
When he is not running a business or spending time with his family (mostly hiking or snowboarding), he is researching attention to detail or helping organizations develop attention to detail and accuracy.
Chris has an MBA with a focus on operations from the University of Houston. His undergraduate degree is in Business Administration with a specialty in Human Resources from Texas A&M University.
Chris is the author of “Improve Attention To Detail: A straightforward system to develop attention to detail in yourself, employees, and across an organization”. The book is based on the research, surveys, interviews, and experience he brings to his live workshops and online courses.
Chris lives in Littleton, Colorado.
Online Course: Online Certificate Course: Improve Attention to Detail — Reduce Mistakes and Develop a Level of Accuracy & Thoroughness You Never Thought Possible
Use Coupon Code HOB20 to get 20% OFF!
More About the Book – Improve Attention to Detail:
This book will change the way you think about attention to detail in yourself and others. You can improve attention to detail and this book — Improve Attention To Detail — reveals how to develop well-rounded attention to detail in yourself, in employees, and even across an organization.
Improve Attention To Detail uses simple language and moves quickly. At about 125 pages, there is no fluff. The author, Chris Denny, keeps moving and sticks to the point of the content — to help you develop and/or improve attention to detail.
Whether you are focused on improving attention to detail in yourself or in others, the book’s simple and clean layout is easy to understand and identify with. We can all identify with most of the book or we know someone it directly applies to.
Chris Denny is a researcher, trainer, and consultant (as well as a business owner). He started developing the Attention To Detail Training system in 2011 when a talented employee at his company needed training to improve attention to detail. When Chris couldn’t find any valuable resources to help his employee (and his company) he began creating his own course for employees. It unexpectedly turned into a passion and in late 2016 (yes, five years later) — after hundreds of hours of research, hundreds of surveys, and numerous interviews with employees, leaders, and business owners — Chris had developed a solid and straightforward system to help people develop well-rounded attention to detail. Companies started asking him to provide training workshops so he did.
Now, this book is available to everyone. From the 3 types of attention to detail to the five fundamental elements, Improve Attention To Detail breaks the concept down into understandable chunks of actionable information. While reading it, you will find yourself saying things like, “I can’t believe I didn’t realize that before!” and “Of course! That makes so much sense now.” Even before you finish the book, you’ll be performing better and able to help others as well. Plus, there’s a bonus: if you are interested in one of the online courses, the book includes a discount code that will more than pay for the book itself.
Improve Attention to Detail with Chris Denny:
- When did you know you wanted to be your own boss? Who were early entrepreneurial influences? During his early successful career, Chris worked in the cooperate world and held several jobs.
- Please briefly share the story of what led you to start your first business.
- You own multiple businesses. How do you manage your time and effort between your businesses and personal life?
- Why are you a business owner? What does it provide you?
- Why did you decide to focus on helping others develop their attention to details?
“The seed of Attention To Detail Solutions started in 2010 when Chris had an employee who was technically strong and generally valuable aside from his low attention to detail. After searching for a book or any kind of training and finding nothing that would help, Chris started to create something that would help his employee. He had inadvertently found a passion and after 6 years of exhaustive research, hundreds (typo on website) of surveys, and dozens of interviews, Chris emerged with the Attention To Detail Training (TM) system.”
- Why is attention-to-detail important for small business owners? What’s the cost of poor attention details? (Reduce errors. Increase productivity.)
- Why do some people struggle with this?
- Speaking of details, is it detail or details? 🙂
- Why does multitasking make us less productive?
- Can I learn and train others to improve their attention to detail?
- Chris introduces the 3 types of attention to detail.
- Are there one or two techniques or fundamental elements I can begin to apply or focus on today that will help me improve my attention to details? What about for my staff?
- Can you share an example of what a “detailed-oriented” organization looks like?
- How do I avoid being paralyzed by perfectionism?
- Why did you decide to write “Improve Attention To Detail” and who is it for?
Episode Host: Henry Lopez is a serial entrepreneur, small business coach, and the host of this episode of The How of Business podcast show – dedicated to helping you start, run and grow your small business.
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].
- Improve Attention To Detail: A straightforward system to develop attention to detail in yourself, employees, and across an organization by Chris Denny
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
Other Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.