How to Build a Consulting Business.
Amy Rasdal explains how to build a consulting business (starting at 15:54). She also shares her interesting entrepreneur journey – she transitioned from a successful corporate career to starting and growing her consulting small business.
Amy Rasdal traded her corporate job for consulting 15 years ago and now makes more money than most executives. The advantages are freedom, flexibility, control, interesting work and excellent pay.
She has been running her own multiple 6-figure consulting business for more than 15 years. As the founder of Billable at the Beach®, Amy has helped hundreds of people start their own successful consulting businesses through speaking, workshops and various programs over the past 10 years.
Billable at the Beach® liberates 6-figure earners by empowering them to build 6-figure consulting businesses. She is the author of “Land a Consulting Project NOW! – Build a life of freedom, flexibility, and inspiring work running your own 6-figure business” a #1 Amazon Best Seller in Business Consulting plus seven more categories!
Amy lives in San Diego, California.
How to Build a Consulting Business:
- Amy shares the story of her early corporate career after university, and what led her to start her first small business.
- When did you know you wanted to be your own boss? Who were early entrepreneurial influences?
- Why are you a business owner? What does it provide you?
- Let’s start with a definition of a “Consulting Business” – what does a typical consulting business look like?
- Who should consider starting a consulting business?
- Please share the 4 things you need to get started in business (hint: it doesn’t include a web site)?
- How can someone use their expert skills in their own consulting business?
- What are some common misconceptions or misunderstandings about a Consulting Business?
- Please share the secret to generating revenue quickly.
- Please introduce the 3 action steps to generate revenue now:
- Define your value proposition.
- Compile your list of people to tell you have started your business.
- Tell everyone!
- How do I land my first client?
- How do you determine when to hire or contract more consultants?
- What are the primary KPIs for a Consulting Business (i.e. Utilization, etc.)?
- How do I manage sales and delivery?
More about the book – “Land a Consulting Project NOW!”:
Build your own consulting business so you can replace the full-time income your family needs, while living life on your terms. This action-oriented book teaches you how to start fast. You will learn:
- The secret to generating revenue quickly.
- How to get to 6-figures by the end of the year (or sooner).
- How to use your expert skills in your own consulting business.
3 Action Steps to Generate Revenue NOW! provides the secrets to quickly get a check in the bank. Then, the 5 Step Framework to Build Your 6-Figure Consulting Business enables you to create a fine-tuned business development machine to produce a pipeline of stimulating work.
It’s a great time to be a consultant because of the changing business environment. The Great Recession, the Pandemic, and 10,000 baby boomers reaching retirement age annually are a few of the market shockwaves creating unprecedented demand.
Change your perspective and change your world. Leverage your career expertise to generate the income you need and live life on your terms. Gain freedom and flexibility as a SuperHero, using your SuperPower, to earn SuperPay!
Episode Host: Henry Lopez is a serial entrepreneur, small business coach, and the host of this episode of The How of Business podcast show – dedicated to helping you start, run and grow your small business.
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].
- Land a Consulting Project NOW!: Build a life of freedom, flexibility, and inspiring work running your own 6-figure business by Amy Rasdal
Other Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.