Start, Scale & Sell Your Business with Jason Swenk
Start, Scale & Sell Your Business with Jason Swenk. He shares his entrepreneurial journey, building and selling a small business, the value of business systems, bootstrapping, and his tips & advice for business and personal success.
Jason is an entrepreneur, and a digital marketing expert. After college he joined Arthur Anderson, one of the big 5 consulting firms a the time. He quickly realized that it was not a good fit, quit his job and launched a digital agency that quickly grew to a multi-million dollar operation working with brands such as AT&T, Hitachi and Lotus Cars. After 12 years of steady growth, they caught the attention of bigger agencies and sold the agency in 2012.
Now, Jason leads JasonSwenk.com, a unique consultancy helping digital agencies start, scale, enjoy, and sell their digital agencies by applying the exact proven formula he used.
- Jason began his corporate career working for a large accounting and consulting firm. He only lasted there 6 months!
- “I’m unemployable.” He has never wanted others telling him what to do.
- He began his first business designing and developing websites.
- How do you find the right business idea that is a fit for you?
- “You either know the right partner, or you are the bad partner.” Jason shares his philosophy on business partnerships.
- The 12 Systems you need to grow a small business.
- Jason explains why he decided to sell his small agency business.
- He explains the benefits of focusing on a niche business segment or specialization to start and grow your small business.
- “Know that market more than that market knows itself.”
- Jason also shares some ideas for preparing your small business for sale. Profitability and showing positive growth year-over-year.
- How to bootstrap your small business.
- “We are the ones that hold ourselves back…We think too small.”
- Find Jason’s “secret” link here.
Other Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.