Funding Your Small Business with Tiffany Wright
Funding Your Small Business with Tiffany C. Wright, a serial entrepreneur, business adviser, and author. She shares her story of transitioning from a successful corporate career to becoming her own boss. She shares her experience and insights on funding a small business.
Tiffany is a serial entrepreneur, and a former COO, and CFO, and business adviser of several small to medium businesses. In these roles she accessed over $40 million in financing and a similar sum in contracts and purchase orders. She has driven Mergers & Acquisitions, turnarounds and restructurings, partner programs, and more. Tiffany has over 18 years of finance, strategy, management, and operational experience in a variety of industries including business services, financial services, high tech, and real estate.
She is the founder of the Resourceful CEO, and she formerly owned and operated a multi-state residential real estate investment firm and a commercial construction trade publication. Tiffany has worked abroad and held several corporate management positions. She obtained her MBA from the Wharton School of Business (University of Pennsylvania) and her B.S. from The Ohio State University.
She is the author of several books: “The Funding Is Out There! Access the Cash You Need to Impact Your Business“, “Solving the Financial Equation: Financing Solutions for Small Businesses” and “Help! I Need Money for My Business Now“.
Tiffany loves to travel, especially internationally (she’s been to 33 countries) and splits her time between Akron, OH and Atlanta, GA. She is a big believer in and devotee of overall health and fitness and sometimes runs track on the college open meet circuit.
Funding Your Small Business with Tiffany Wright:
- Tiffany had a successful corporate career, and after working in Japan and meeting other business owners and entrepreneurs, she began her transition to becoming her own boss.
- Tiffany began investing in residential real estate when trying to fix and flip cheap properties for profit.
- She launched The Resourceful CEO in 2014.
- Tiffany shares her insights on Business Start-up Financing, including the options available to entrepreneurs for start-up funding including Personal Resources, Friends & Family, Bank Lending, Angel, Venture, Micro-Lending, Peer-to-Peer, Crowdfunding, and other creative sources.
- In her book “The Funding is Out There” she breaks it down into 3 primary categories: Debt Financing, Equity Financing, and a Hybrid of Equity & Debt.
- “Equity is the most expensive source of capital.“
- Tiffany also shares strategies for financing existing business needs and growth.
- Tiffany explains the importance of managing and calculating cash flow or EBITDA.
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].
Other Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.