Dr. D. Anthony Miles – Small Business Risk Factors
In this episode we interview Dr. D. Anthony Miles, Ph.D., is an entrepreneur, professor, author and the CEO of Miles Development Industries Corporation. He shares his background, his journey to entrepreneurship, and the risk factors associated with small business.
Dr. Miles is an entrepreneur, and the founder and CEO of Miles Development Industries Corporation, a consulting practice and venture capital acquisition firm. An award-winning professor and researcher, he also serves as a legal expert witness who provides expert testimony for local, state and federal court cases. Dr. Miles is a radio talk show host and executive producer of “Game On Business Talk Radio Show.” A nationally known expert in the field of Entrepreneurship and Marketing, Dr. Miles is a best-selling author of “Risk Factors and Business Models: Understanding the Five Forces of Entrepreneurial Risk.”
- Dr. Miles shares his research and advice on the risk factors associated with starting a small business.
- “Having a job is like having just one client.”
- Dr. Miles got is “wake up call” at age 37 when he was laid off from his banking position.
- He shares his views on how entrepreneurship is taught (or not taught) in schools.
- Dr. Miles introduces the Five Forces of Entrepreneurial Risk. Which ones are controllable and which are not?
- Are you competing on price or on value with your proposed small business?
- Why it’s important to understand your Customer Turnover Ratio, and Owner Dependency.
- “Business is a team sport.”
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].