Virtual Office Services for Small Business with Frank Cottle
Virtual office services for small business with Frank Cottle, a serial entrepreneur and an expert and veteran of the virtual office and services industry. Frank shares his fascinating life journey, including working as a professional diver and working for the largest luxury yacht broker in the world.
Frank shares valuable advice on how to use virtual or flexible work places for your small business. Flexible working is becoming more and more popular in the world of employee benefits, as it can make such a difference to how easily people can fit work around their other responsibilities.
Frank is the CEO of Alliance Virtual Offices and Chairman of the Alliance Business Centers Network. He is a recognized expert on flexible working, the virtual office movement and “third place” working.
Prior to creating the Alliance brand, Frank successfully operated his own portfolio of business centers in multiple locations across North America.
Frank has spent the past 30 years delivering business services that are finely tuned to the workplace needs of start-ups, entrepreneurs and growing small & medium businesses. Over the years he has worked with tens of thousands of business owners and, coupled with a unique global management perspective, has become the go-to authority on flexible and remote work.
Questions and topics covered on this episode include:
- How can a start-up small business leverage the benefits of virtual offices services?
- Please introduce the “third place working” model.
- How can I start a small business from anywhere?
- You built a bricks-and-mortar (shared and virtual office space and centers) business to support often more “virtual” businesses. What are some of the differences you have observed and what are your opinions of either model?
- What are you observations on the benefits of remote workers, particularly as it relates to attracting and retaining talent. In particular, plenty as been opined about the Millennials and their preference for location flexibility. Does supporting remote workers provide a competitive advantage for small businesses?
- What are some common mistakes you observe start-ups and established businesses make when it comes to flexible working and virtual offices.
You can find all of the episodes of The How of Business podcast on our Archives page.