From Side-Hustle to Full-Time Business with Gavin Zuchlinski
From Side-Hustle to Full-Time Business with Gavin Zuchlinski, a small business owner and the founder of Acuity Scheduling – an online tool for businesses to automate and manage their appointments, allowing clients to schedule themselves. He shares how the idea for Acuity Scheduling began, and how he grew this from a solution for one person, to a full-time small business. Gavin’s story is unique in that he truly enjoyed and felt fulfilled in his corporate position.
SPECIAL OFFER: Get 45 Days Free of Acuity Scheduling service!
Gavin is the founder of Acuity Scheduling, an online tool for businesses to automate and manage their appointments, allowing clients to schedule themselves. Gavin is a self-professed tech geek and espresso maniac (a word he does not use lightly) who wholeheartedly believes that business should be fun. Acuity Scheduling supports over 50,000 businesses of all sizes, from people working for themselves to major corporations with thousands of employees.
Gavin lives in Pensylvania.
From Side-Hustle to Full-Time Business with Gavin Zuchlinski:
- What it really takes to go from side hustler to CEO, with remote employees all over the world…
- You got to iterate this idea and product as you grew it from a basic solution to what you offer today. Is this iterative approach what you recommend to others when launching a small business or side-hustle? (It gave you time to develop it the right way?)
- Focus – having one customer in mind helped you with focus…
- What were some of the early challenges with growing a software company?
- What were some of the skills you did not have or had to develop as a business owner?
- You have mentioned in other interviews: “I don’t enjoy managing people.” Why and how have you compensated for this in your business today?
- “Work from wherever I want.” Is this one of the primary benefits for you of being a business owner? Why else are you an entrepreneur
- How do you manage to keep the company lean?
- If you were starting over, what would you do differently?
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].
Other Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.