Launching a Catering Business with DeAndre Wilson
Launching a catering business with DeAndre Wilson. DeAndre is a young entrepreneur and the co-founder of Turn Table – a catering business serving the Evansville, Indiana area. DeAndre and his partner Chef Jeff started developing their business while they were both in college. He shares the need to be emotionally prepared for the challenges of entrepreneurship, and the value of a solid business plan.
DeAndre is a young entrepreneur and the co-founder of a catering business – Turn Table.
As a college student DeAndre, along with his business partner, Chef Jeff, began conceptualizing and charting a roadmap for an innovative catering model and dynamic brand. The Turn Table brand is regionally recognized for remixing and remastering recipes to create visually enticing cuisine with distinctive flavor.
DeAndre strives to be a change agent by developing more inclusive, and accessible channels for entrepreneurs to get necessary resources, mentoring and support for long term success in his region. He earned a degree in Hospitality Administration and participates in formal programs and courses in small business development and entrepreneurship. DeAndre was recently selected by the Southwest Indiana Chapter of SCORE to be a small business mentor, and regularly speaks to students and early stage entrepreneurs about his business start-up experiences.
DeAndre lives in Evansville, Indiana.
On this episode of The How of Business podcast, dedicated to helping you start, run and grow your small business, host Henry Lopez chats with young entrepreneur DeAndre Wilson:
- DeAndre started his business while attending college.
- His partnerships with Jeff began as friends in college. Partner Jeff is the Head Chef.
- Five-year Business Roadmap? Walk us through the roadmap you followed to get to where you are today…
- What was your source for Initial Funding?
- Describe your small business – elevator pitch.
- How did you come up with the name for your small business?
- “Innovative catering model and dynamic brand” – what does this mean?
- What was one of your biggest challenges or setback as a small business owner?
- What would you do differently?
- What is your biggest current business challenge?
- What’s next for your catering business?
- What advice do you give other young aspiring entrepreneurs?
- What do you think is a common challenge that keeps people from achieving their dreams of starting a business?
Other Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.