Bootstrapping a Small Business with Abdo Riani
Bootstrapping (21:08) a small business and his entrepreneurial journey, with Abdo Riani. Abdo is an entrepreneur and founder of StartUpCircle.co – helping connect successful entrepreneurs with new founders to help them develop their business ideas. Abdo shares his personal entrepreneurial journey, and specific tips and advice on how to start a small business and grow through bootstrapping or reinvestment of profits.
Abdo is an entrepreneur and the founder of StartUpCircle.co – Startup Circle connects successful entrepreneurs with rising founders for live Q&A sessions to help them move their ideas and businesses forward with actionable and relevant advice.
Abdo’s focus is to bring clarity and trust to the entrepreneurs’ journey to first paying customer, with a clear execution plan created for their specific case and need.
In his decade-long entrepreneurial journey, he has started and been involved in the launch of over 50 startups and service-based businesses. That journey, successes and failures helped him connect the dots and today, his value-added contribution to entrepreneurs lies in his ability to narrow and only execute on what will move the needle. This, so far, has on average resulted in cutting entrepreneurs’ path to first paying customers by 5 months, cutting costs by 40%, generating over $10,000 from sales or presales and connecting founders with over 10 industry leaders who I invite to provide extra insights and guidance.
Adbo lives in McAllen, Texas.
Topics and questions covered in this episode of The How of Business podcast show include:
- Abdo introduces his concept of Bootstrapping…what does this mean to you and what types of business are a good fit?
- “Build A Network & Create a Snowball Effect Around Your Product Launch”
- “Build Relationships With Key Influencers In Your Space”
- How to I begin to build an audience and community? How do I start investing in this?
- How long does it typically take to build an audience, and what are some measures (i.e. number of emails) I can compare to?
- Pre-sell Ideas Before Building The Product – please provide an example of how you have helped someone do this.
- Start With Side Projects & Turn Them Into Full-Time Ventures – what we also call a side-hustle?
- Raise Funds & Validate Ideas Through Affiliate Partnerships – please share an example.
- Be Patient, Deal With Uncertainty & Focus On Long Term Results
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].
Other Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.