Developing Deep Listening Skills with Oscar Trimboli
Developing Deep Listening skills (starting at 21:57) to help you become a better leader and grow your small business, with Oscar Trimboli. Oscar is an executive coach, speaker and author of “Deep Listening: Impact beyond words, and Breakthroughs: How to confront your assumptions.” From his corporate career to launching his own firm, Oscar shares his journey and we discuss his thoughtful insights on leadership and listening skills (21:57). He believes the listening is a leadership issue, and he shares specific tips for improving how we listen to others.
Oscar Trimboli is an executive coach, speaker and author of “Deep Listening: Impact beyond words, and Breakthroughs: How to confront your assumptions.” He is passionate about using the gift of listening to bring positive change in homes, workplaces and the world. Oscar is a marketing and technology industry veteran with over 30 years’ experience across general management, sales, marketing and operations for Microsoft, PeopleSoft, Polycom, Professional
Advantage and Vodafone.
Oscar lives in Sydney, Australia.
Topics and questions covered in this episode of The How of Business, the top-rate podcast for small business owners and entrepreneurs, include:
- Developing Deep Listening Skills with Oscar Trimboli:
- “Listening is a leadership issue.” Would you please introduce and explain this?
- So why are so many of us so bad at listening to others?
- What is Deep Listening?
- Why does listening matter in leadership, and small business, more than ever?
- What is the difference between a good listener and a great listener?
- Who are the 4 villains of listening?
- How can you listen to what’s unsaid?
- Please explain how listening is relational and contextual.
- “Everybody sees in color, but they listen in black & white.”
- What is the cost of not listening? As leaders and entrepreneurs.