Couples in Small Business with Drs. Bader & Pearson
Couples in business – how to own a small business with your spouse or partner, with Dr. Ellyn Bader and Dr. Peter Pearson. Working in business with your spouse or partner can be challenging, and sometimes detrimental to your relationship, or it can be joyful and productive. Ellyn and Pete share stories from their vast experience in helping couples. They are the founder of The Couples Institute where they help entrepreneurial couples better understand and overcome the unique challenges of managing a business and marriage simultaneously and successfully. If you are planning to start a business with your spouse or partner, or if you are currently in a small business together, this episode is for you.
FREE RESOURCES: Download free resources from The Couples Institute, including The Candor Solution here.
Dr. Ellyn Bader and Dr. Peter Pearson, have specialized in helping couples transform their relationships for over 30 years. Ellyn and Pete are co-founders of The Couples Institute in Silicon Valley,
where they help entrepreneurial couples better understand and overcome the unique challenges of managing a business and marriage simultaneously and successfully.
Ellyn and Pete, now married for 36 years, bring both personal experience and clinical expertise to their clients through innovative programs and intensive workshops, where they have guided thousands of couples to build lives they love with the ones they love.
Ellyn and Peter live in the San Francisco Bay area.
- Couples in Small Business with Drs. Bader & Pearson:
- In your experience, what are some of the common challenges couples face when working together in a small business?
- How to keep the personal issues from affecting the working relationship?
- Are there questions a couple can ask beforehand to help predict if they can work together in a business?
- What are some techniques you can share for couple who are currently in business together, but it’s not going well?
- What does it look like when couples work well together in a small business?
- “The Candor Solution: 6 key skills for couples to succeed in business together.” Please introduce these 6 skills.
- Teamwork for Two – please share your insights on this approach to working together.
- What are the 3 common reasons businesses and marriages fail?
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].
Other Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.