COVID-19 SBA & Government Info & Resources for Small Business:
An overview of the COVID-19 SBA & Government Info & Resources for Small Business. Henry Lopez highlights and summarizes the loans and other programs to help your small business during the coronavirus crises.
Find more details about COVID-19 programs and resources on our COVID-19 Information Page.
Best Sources of COVID-19 Information:
- Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- US Department of The Treasury – CARES Act
- SCORE COVID-19 Resources for Small Business
IMPORTANT: As our government agencies release new and sometimes conflicting guidance, it’s important to understand that each business owner must assume the responsibility of interpreting the guidance applicable to their marketplace, state, and individual business circumstances and respond accordingly. The information we are sharing here and on our podcast is just our current understanding of these different assistance programs and we are not experts on this subject. You must consult with your CPA, attorney and other professionals for additional guidance before making any decisions based on the information we are sharing with you.
In this episode, Henry Lopez focuses on these top action items to help your small business business during the cornavirus crises:
Top Action Items:
- Apply for (online) the SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program (EIDL) and Loan Advance (Grant) NOW: Apply Online Here (See more details below.)
- If you are still open for business, and you have employees, are you adhering to the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (the initial act signed into law in response to the coronavirus crisis) as it relates to paid sick leave for your employees? (See more details below.)
- If you have employees, you should seriously consider applying (through your local SBA-approved bank) for the Paycheck Protection Loan (PPL). Find the application form here. (See more details below.)
- Research and apply (if appropriate) for any State emergency programs for small business owners.
Henry Lopez is a serial entrepreneur and business coach with over 34 years of diverse business experience, including successful careers in information technology, sales, sales training, real estate, and business ownership.
You can find all previous episode of The How of Business podcast on our Archives page.