8 Unbreakable Rules for Success with Sean Castrina
8 Unbreakable Rules for Small Business Success with Sean Castrina. Sean shares his entrepreneur story and the rules for achieving success with starting and growing your small business.
The 8 Unbreakable Rules are must-follow rules if you are planning to start a business, but many of these rules and lessons also apply to helping you grow your existing small business.
Sean Castrina is a serial entrepreneur, having started more than 20 companies over the last 20 years, and still seeks to launch a new venture annually. He is an investor, teacher and highly-sought-after speaker who communicates with humor and a bluntness that engages and captures his audience. He is the author of “8 Unbreakable Rules for Business Startup Success”, “The Greatest Entrepreneur in the World”, and “World’s Greatest Business Plan”.
Sean lives in the Charlottesville, Virginia area.
Sean and Henry address these questions and topics on this episode of The How of Business podcast:
- He was born legally blind having been a research study for John Hopkins Hospitals Wilmer Eye Institute where he has had countless eye surgeries. Sean explains this challenge and how he has overcome it.
- Fired overnight from his dream job with no warning after just having a newborn child. This promoted his Startup Journey of NEVER being dependent on an employer for income and security.
- In his mid 20’s the startup adventure would begin with a simple auto detailing business “WaxMaster” that would serve as a test tube for what would distil a blueprint for what would later become a home service empire. – Sean shares a couple of key early lessons he learned from launching and growing this first business.
- When did you know you wanted to be your own boss? Who were early entrepreneurial influences?
- From his book, “8 Unbreakable Rules for Business Startup Success”, we dicuss:
- 1 – You Must Be Qualified” – Sean shares a couple of ways in which we must be qualified before we can find success as an entrepreneur.
- 2 – Your Business Idea Must be Qualified” – How do I know if I have a good business idea? What are some of the ways you qualify a new small business idea?
- 3 – Plan for Success” – What should we know about Business Plans? What’s the most important part of business planning?
- 4 – Protect Yourself & Your Business – Sean shares his thoughts and tips on partnerships.
- 5 – Build a Successful Team
- 6 – Marketing is Not Optional – “Have a marketing plan, not single event advertising”
- 7 – Know Your Numbers
- 8 – Learn from Experience
Episode Host: Henry Lopez is a serial entrepreneur, small business coach, and the host of this episode of The How of Business podcast show – dedicated to helping you start, run and grow your small business.
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].
- 8 Unbreakable Rules for Business Start-Up Success Sean C. Castrina (get your FREE copy)
- The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results Gary Keller, Jay Papasan
- Memo of Understanding – To help you ask many of the important questions before entering into a business partnership.
Other Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.
This episode of The How of Business podcast is sponsored by Freightos.
Freightos is Freight Made Simple!
SPECIAL PROMO: Get $100 towards your first shipment of $1000 or more when you sign up and book with Freightos.com by October 31, 2020.
We have received compensation from this sponsor partner. We only accept sponsorships from companies who we believe provide products and services that are valuable for small business owners.