Growing a Lawncare Business with Bryan Clayton.
Growing a lawncare business with Bryan Clayton. Bryan shares his entrepreneur journey and insights and experiences building small businesses.
Bryan Clayton is CEO and co-founder of GreenPal an online marketplace that connects homeowners with local lawn care professionals. GreenPal has been called the “Uber for lawn care” by Entrepreneur magazine and has over 100,000 active users completing thousands of transactions per day.
Before starting GreenPal Bryan Clayton founded Peachtree Inc. one of the largest landscaping companies in the state of Tennessee growing it to over $10 million a year in annual revenue before it was acquired by Lusa holdings in 2013.
Bryan lives in Nashville, TN.
Bryan Clayton and Henry Lopez discuss the lawncare business and small businesses, including:
- What did you do for a living before starting your lawncare business?
- Why did you start Peachtree? (Brian spent 15 years growing this small business.)
- How did you fund this business? Why do you believe in bootstrapping a small business?
- What were some of the big challenges with growing this small business?
- 2013 – Why did you sell your business Peachtree?
- 2014 – Why led to launching GreenPal?
- When did you know you wanted to be your own boss? Who were early entrepreneurial influences?
- Why were you, and still are, so willing to learn how to be an entrepreneur?
- What do you love about being an entrepreneur?
- Please introduce GreenPal.
- “5 grass cutting bids within 24 hrs from local pros.”
- How is customer pricing set?
- How does it work for the lawncare provider (vendor or service provider)?
- What are the fees and commitments?
- How does this benefit the lawn care provider (vendor)?
- Payment & Cash Flow
- Building their business
- Who owns the client?
- Who is a good fit as a vendor for GreenPal?
- What’s the secret to building a successful lawn care business?
- What are some of the big mistakes people make with building a lawn care business?
- Now that your current business has achieved $20 million a year and run rate what are your plans for expanding GreenPal?
Episode Host: Henry Lopez is a serial entrepreneur, small business coach, and the host of this episode of The How of Business podcast show – dedicated to helping you start, run and grow your small business.
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].
- Built to Sell: Creating a Business That Can Thrive Without You by John Warrillow
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Timothy Ferriss
Other Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.