Virtual Meeting Credibility with Kim Foley
How to increase your Credibility during your Virtual Meetings with Kim Foley. Tips & techniques to improve your next virtual meeting.
How you are perceived in online meetings, is critical for your credibility – whether it’s a Zoom or Teams video call with just one other person, or a more formal online presentation to a group. Kim shares her tips, techniques and experiences to help us make a better impression in our next virtual meeting.
Kim Foley is a video expert, media trainer, public speaker, and the founder of Smartphone Video Production Academy. She is passionately committed to helping her clients learn how to create effective video content and how to make a great impression and exude confidence in virtual meetings.
Kim is the author of “Virtual Meetings With Power and Presence – The Ultimate Guide to Online Meetings”.
Kim has worked with high-profile clients including Presidents Barak Obama, George Bush and Bill Clinton, late-night hosts Jay Leno and Stephen Colbert. She has worked for Meet the Press and 60 Minutes as well as shows on all of the major networks. And she has coached for the FBI, CIA, IRS, NIH and FDA.
Kim lives in Bethesda, Maryland.
Henry Lopez and Kim Foley discuss how to improve Virtual Meeting Credibility:
- Kim shares her story of your early career.
- Why Zoom (or Teams or any other video conferencing tool) meetings instead of just a phone call? Why should we turn on our camera?
- What are some of the biggest etiquette mistakes people make during virtual meetings?
- I don’t like the way I look on camera, how do I fix that? (What if I don’t have time for hair and makeup?)
- Should I stand or sit during virtual meetings? And other body language tips…
- Where should I be looking when I am speaking to my clients?
- What should I wear to look more professional?
- How can I hide my background or create a space ideal for virtual meetings?
- How can I appear more confident on camera?
- What kind of microphone do I need to buy? How can I optimize sound quality?
- Do I need a Webcam?
- Lighting? Framing with existing light in tricky locations…
- How can I keep my screen from freezing during an important presentation?
- What if I don’t have a strong internet connection?
- What is one thing I can do on my next video call that will make it better?
Episode Host: Henry Lopez is a serial entrepreneur, small business coach, and the host of this episode of The How of Business podcast show – dedicated to helping you start, run and grow your small business.
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].
- Virtual Meetings With Power And Presence: The Ultimate Guide To Online Meetings by Kim Foley
- Becoming Your Best: The 12 Principles of Highly Successful Leaders by Steve Shallenberger
Other Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.