Conversion Copywriting for Small Business with Kira Hug
Generating sales and driving results for your small business using conversion copywriting with expert copywriter Kira Hug.
Regardless of how we communicate and offer our product or service to our customers or clients, it typically includes a written communication of our value proposition and a call to action. And just as many small business owners struggle with a lack of sales skills, we are also not typically skilled at copywriting. And what is copywriting anyway?
Kira Hug is a business owner and copywriter, and the founder of Kira Hug Media and co-founder of The Copy Writer Club. She specializes in conversion copywriting, which is based on both the science and art of research, optimization, UX, editing, and even eavesdropping on your customer. Kira calls herself a Copy Chef, and she leads a team of multiple copywriters in a flex micro-agency focused on personality-driven sales copy for course, membership and program launches. She is also the co-host of The Copywriter Club Podcast.
Kira lives in the Washington, D.C. area.
Questions and topics addressed on this episode of The How of Business podcast include:
- Why did you start The Copywriter Club (Inspiration, training, and an exclusive membership community for copywriters ready to take their small businesses to the next level.)
- When did you know you wanted to be your own boss? Who were early entrepreneurial influences?
- What is Conversion Copywriting? What is the objective of this type of writing?
- As a small business owner, what do I need to know about Copywriting?
- Please explain the 5 levels of awareness
- Why can’t I write my own sales copy?
- Can I be genuine and authentic while also using sales copy? Creating copy that’s more conversational.
- Why did you decide to focus on Launch Copy?
- What makes someone a great copywriter?
- How do I determine my X-Factor? (What makes you different and why would someone choose to work with you?)
- How to create a framework within your business that helps sell.
- Integrate UX and design into your copy so it converts. What does this mean?
- What do you mean by Conversation Copy?
- Common mistakes you observe with website or sales page copy?
- One or two tips for effective email sequences?
- How do I find the right Copywriter for me? (What should I ask or look for?)
- Kira explains why small business owners need to become their own “Copy Chiefs” and understand the basics of conversational copywriting.
Episode Host: Henry Lopez is a serial entrepreneur, small business coach, and the host of this episode of The How of Business podcast show – dedicated to helping you start, run and grow your small business.
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].
- Ready, Fire, Aim: Zero to $100 Million in No Time Flat by Michael Masterson
Other Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.
This episode of The How of Business podcast is sponsored by GoSite. GoSite is the #1 digital platform to help you grow your small business. Make it easy for customers to find, book, and pay for your services with one simple app. Get started for FREE!
We have received compensation from this sponsor partner. We only accept sponsorships from companies who we believe provide products and services that are valuable for small business owners.