Employee Retention Tax Credit with Brad Mewes
How to get the Employee Retention Tax Credit (ERC) for your small business (starting at 18:58) with Brad Mewes. Small businesses impacted by COVID-19 may be eligible for a payroll tax credit refund from the IRS.
Brad also shares his entrepreneur journey.
Brad Mewes is an entrepreneur and the Founder of the Mewes Group and Covid19Loans.org, a company that helps secure Loan Forgiveness and Employee Retention Tax Credits for business owners affected by COVID-19.
He received an MBA from UC Irvine and an undergraduate degree in Economics from The George Washington University in Washington DC. He has held roles as an equity analyst and a management consultant. Brad has also been published globally, including at Divestopedia, a leading online site designed to assist business owners sell their business at the best price and terms, as well as a numerous industry publications in North America, Australia, Africa, Asia and Europe. He is an international speaker, speaks English and Spanish and lived in both Chile and Mexico.
Brad lives in Newport Beach, California.
SPECIAL OFFER: Employee Retention Tax Credit Service for The How of Business listeners:
- FREE Initial Consultation
- You only pay a fee (15% of your refund) IF you receive a refund from the I.R.S.
- Receive a 10% Discount on the fee if you mention The How of Business or use the link below.
- Learn More: Complete this simple online form and request a free consultation here.
Does your business qualify for the Employee Retention Tax Credit Refund? If your small businesses has been impacted by COVID-19, then you may be eligible for a payroll tax credit refund from the IRS.
Brad Mewes specializes in helping small business owners determine if they do qualify, and calculating the credit and filing the necessary applications to receive this refund from the IRS.
We now have a trusted affiliate partner relationship with Brad Mewes to offer his services to our listeners and coaching clients.
Employee Retention Tax Credit with Brad Mewes:
- Please share the story of what led you to focusing on helping business with the different COVID-19 relief programs.
- Will the EIDL loans be forgiven?
- What is the Employee Retention Credit (ERC)?
“The Employee Retention Credit is a fully refundable tax credit for employers equal to 50 percent of qualified wages (including allocable qualified health plan expenses) that Eligible Employers pay their employees. This Employee Retention Credit applies to qualified wages paid after March 12, 2020, and before January 1, 2021.”
- Is this a complex application or interpretation of the IRS code, or tax sheltering scheme, that could get me in trouble later?
- Who qualifies for this? How do I know if my business qualifies? Does it matter if I have received any other relief benefits (PPP, EIDL)?
- Restaurants, Bars, Theatres, Retailers – are all typically qualified, correct?
- Is it a credit or a refund?
- What’s the deadline for filing for this credit?
- In your experience, why are many business owners not taking advantage of this credit?
- What are some common mistakes to avoid?
- Why can’t my CPA help me with this?
- Where do I start? What documentation will I need?
Episode Host: Henry Lopez is a serial entrepreneur, small business coach, and the host of this episode of The How of Business podcast show – dedicated to helping you start, run and grow your small business.
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].
- Rocket Fuel: The One Essential Combination That Will Get You More of What You Want from Your Business by Gino Wickman and Mark C. Winters
Other Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.