Introduction to The How of Business Podcast Show.
Welcome to this updated episode Zero (introduction to the podcast show) of The How of Business podcast, hosed by Henry Lopez.
Thanks to all of you who have been listening and supporting The How of Business podcast. And if you have just found my show, thanks for checking it out and I hope you get lots of value from listening. Since we started the podcast in 2016, we have focused on the HOW of small business – it’s been all about sharing information, knowledge, experiences, and resources to help you start, run and grow a profitable small business.
Introduction to The How of Business Podcast Show:
Who is this podcast show for?
- Aspiring and existing small business owners and entrepreneurs.
- If you are thinking about starting a business, this show is for you.
- If you are actively working on launching a small business, this podcast show and the resources you can find on this website are for you.
- If you are an existing small business owner or entrepreneur, and you are looking for tips and insights on how to grow, and perhaps eventually successfully exit your business, The How of Business is for you also!
What the podcast offers:
- The How of Business podcast – a free on-demand audio show. You can find all episodes on our Archives page.
- Free Resources – including free information and tools you can find on this website.
- Workshops and Online Courses
- Starting Your Business – Are You Ready? – This is a great place to start if you are thinking about starting your first business, but you are not sure what it takes and if you are ready.
- Trusted Service Partners, including partners and services for:
- Small Business Coaching Program: Schedule a free coaching consultation with me.
Why Henry Lopez started The How of Business:
- Focus on helping small business owners.
- Having read so many books about successful entrepreneurs, Henry struggled with translating what he read and learned about the unicorns (like Steve Jobs, Elon Musk, Richard Branson and their highly successful companies), into relatable and actionable information and education for very small business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs.
- We are bombarded by the outliers or superstars of business – the overnight success stories – the instant billionaires – but the reality for most small businesses is that we start with limited resources and must bootstrap our growth.
- Learn to enjoy the journey – not the arbitrary external idea of ultimate success.
- The How of Business is about the HOW – actionable information to help you start, run and grow a successful and profitable small business.
- Started podcast on April 2016
- Host: Henry Lopez
- Weekly episodes.
- Show Notes page for every episode with summary of the show and links to any resources or tools mentioned during the episode.
- Episodes are typically 45 to 60 minutes.
- Two types of episodes: Interviews (majority) and Topics.
- Interview: Other successful business owners, experts, or service providers.
- Most of the content is evergreen, so we encourage you to listen to the back catalog.
- Where to listen.
How to support the show:
- Please Subscribe and Review to The How of Business wherever you listen to the show. You can also support the show, and receive exclusive benefits, through a Patreon Membership. Thanks for your support!
Feedback and ideas:
- Send message through website (Contact Us page) or enter comment on show notes page for this episode.
We wish you the best as you start, run and grow your small business!
More About The How of Business Podcast:
Since 2016, The How of Business podcast has been sharing knowledge on the topic of small business and entrepreneurship. If you are looking for a podcast to help you start your first business, or to help you grow and possibly exit your small business, then this is the best podcast show is for you.
With hundreds of episodes covering every topic related to business ownership, The How of Business podcast is the best podcast to help you achieve small business ownership success.
Henry Lopez, the host of The How of Business, leverages his varied background and experiences, along with the knowledge shared by expert guests, to help you with your entrepreneurship journey.
From determining if you are ready to start your first small business, to helping you potentially sell your company, The How of Business podcast has you covered.
Thanks to the loyal support of listeners like you, The How of Business podcast has become a highly popular and top rated show on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Platforms and other podcast listening platforms.
Thanks for listening to our show!
The following is a full transcript of this episode.
Introduction to The How of Business Podcast Show:
0:00:16.0 Henry Lopez: Welcome to this updated episode zero of the How Of Business podcast. This is Henry Lopez. This episode is a brief introduction to the How Of Business podcast show. Thanks to all of you who have been listening and supporting the How Of Business podcast, and if you have just found my show, thanks for checking it out, and I hope you get lots of value from listening. Since we started the podcast in 2016, we have focused on the how of small business, it’s been all about sharing information, knowledge, experiences, and resources to help you start, run and grow a profitable small business. To receive more information about the How Of Business, including links to the show note pages for all the episodes, please visit thehowofbusiness.com. So who is this show for? This show is for aspiring and existing small business owners and entrepreneurs. If you’re thinking about starting a business, then this show is for you, if you are actively working on launching a small business, this show and the resources that you can find on my website are for you. If you’re an existing small business owner or entrepreneur and you’re looking for tips and insights on how to grow and perhaps eventually successfully exit your business, the How Of Business podcast is for you also.
0:01:30.0 HENRY LOPEZ: So what I offer is, of course, the podcast, the How Of Business podcast, which is a free on-demand audio show that you’re listening to an episode of now. But there are also a whole series of free resources, including free information and tools that you can find on my website thehowofbusiness.com. On that website, you could also learn about my workshops, ongoing workshops that I offer on a regular basis, online courses, in particular, my online course, Starting your Business, are you ready? With that course is a great place to start, if you are thinking about starting your first business, but you’re not sure what it takes, or if you’re even ready. On my website, you’ll also find my list of trusted service partners, including partners for services such as getting your website and online marketing taken care of. Perhaps you might be interested in a franchise, I have a relationship with a franchise consultant and several other business start-up courses that you can find more information about at thehowofbusiness.com. I offer small business coaching, my small business coaching program, you can find out more about also on the website and you can schedule. I invite you to schedule a free coaching consultation with me.
0:02:42.6 HENRY LOPEZ: Just go to thehowofbusiness.com to click on the link to schedule a free consultation with me when you’re ready. So why did we start the How Of Business podcast? From day one, the focus has been on small business. Having read so many books and different accounts of successful entrepreneurs, I struggled with translating what I read and learned about the… What I call the unicorns, people like Steve Jobs and Elon Musk and Richard Branson, and their highly or wildly successful companies. I struggled with translating that into relatable and actionable information and education that I could use myself in my very small business. So that I always found to be a disconnect when you read the periodicals and the books and all of the material that is available, it usually is about those outliers, those big stories. And will bombard you with all of these outliers or superstar stories of business, the overnight success stories, the instant billionaires, but the reality for most small businesses is that we start with very limited resources and we have to bootstrap to grow our businesses to get them to a point where they afford us what we want in our lives and the reason that we became business owners to begin with. We have to learn to enjoy the journey and not be so worried about reaching this arbitrary external idea of what is success.
0:04:05.1 HENRY LOPEZ: So the How Of Business is about the how, the practical and actionable information that I need and that you need to start, run and grow a small business. As I mentioned, we started the podcast in April of 2016, and my name is Henry Lopez, and for those of you who don’t know much about me, I have over 35 years of diverse business experience, including successful careers in the Information Technology industry, in sales and sales training, and of course in business ownership. I’ve had the opportunity to have been directly involved with over 11 different businesses as of the time of this recording, since I purchased my first business with my business partner back in 1991. I have developed and launched my own business concepts, invested in franchise businesses and have bought and sold businesses as well. I currently live in Jensen Beach, Florida with my wife, Pam. So I release weekly episodes, at least one weekly episode except for Thanksgiving and Christmas week, and each episode on thehowofbusiness.com comes with a show notes page where you’ll have… You’ll find rather a summary of the show as well as links to all of the resources and tools that we might discuss or mention or refer to in that episode.
0:05:20.5 HENRY LOPEZ: My episodes are typically 45 to 60 minutes long, and they come in either two types. Either I’m interviewing, which is the majority of the episodes, I’m interviewing someone, another successful business owner, an expert or a service provider, or often I will do topic episodes, where I’ll discuss a specific topic, and it’ll just be me discussing that topic. Most of my episodes, if you go back into the back catalog is what they call evergreen content, in other words, you can listen to an episode from two years ago, and I think that you’ll still find that the information is relevant to helping you start, run and grow your small business. And so the easiest way to go to find those episodes, if you go to thehowofbusiness.com, click on the podcast link on the menu bar at the top, go to the archives page, and there I’ve grouped a lot of the similar or related topic episodes as well, as you’ll find the entire archive of episodes. But I’ve grouped them into topics like marketing and financials and franchising and other groups of episodes that I’ve done now over the last several years.
0:06:26.1 HENRY LOPEZ: As to where to listen, you found me wherever it is that you listen to podcasts, and so obviously you can continue to find me there. I encourage you to subscribe and provide a review if you enjoy and are getting value from the show. That is one of the ways that we continue to reach a broader audience, so I greatly appreciate you subscribing and providing a review if that’s available to you on whatever platform you listen to. I’m also always looking for feedback and your ideas on different topics, there’s a couple of different ways that you can share those ideas with me, you can either go to the website, thehowofbusiness.com, go to the Contact Us page and submit a message through that page. Or if you go to the show notes page for this episode. There’s a comment section at the bottom, and that’s another place where you can submit a question or a comment. You can do that on any episode, if you listen to an episode and you have a particular question, I encourage you to post that online, and I’ll be sure to get you a reply and follow up as soon as possible. I wish you the best as you start, run and grow your small business.
0:07:32.4 HENRY LOPEZ: And I hope that I can be a small part of helping you through that journey, this is Henry Lopez. Thanks for your interest in the How Of Business podcast, I release new episodes every Monday morning, and you can find your show anywhere you listen to podcasts or at my website, thehowofbusiness.com. Thanks for listening.