Setting Boundaries for Business Owners with Angela Wagner
How to set personal boundaries for business owners, with entrepreneur and life coach Angela Wagner.
On this episode Angela and Henry discuss the challenge, and the need, to set and manage boundaries related to our personal lives and our small business – so that we are not consumed by our business and lose sight of what “success” really means.
Angela Wagner is a life coach, yoga teacher and trainer, wife, and mom of two young children. She has been working in the health and wellness space for over 20 years. She helps women go from feeling stressed and overwhelmed to living a life with simplicity, joy, and purpose, without adding a million more things to their to-do list.
Angela started her career in wellness as a personal trainer and group fitness instructor. Her tendency towards feeling high levels of stress led her to practice and teach yoga. In 2004, she opened YogaSport, a Dallas yoga studio where she taught Power Flow Yoga and created and led many life coaching programs. In 2020, she transitioned her yoga studio and coaching business online and is now serving a global community of women working to live a more joyful and purpose-driven life.
Angela lives in Dallas, Texas.
FREE DOWNLOAD: Setting Healthy Boundaries – A busy woman’s guide for knowing when to say yes and when to say no.
Setting Boundaries for Business Owners with Angela Wagner – questions and topics discussed include:
- Please share your personal story of allowing your business to take over your life, mind, and time to the point of being sick all the time and not finding a solution.
- Looking back on it now, why did you sacrifice so much for your small business?
- What are some of the other common pitfalls small business owners face when it comes to setting boundaries and self-care?
- What does it mean to be “all in” on your small business? This leads to unhealthy habits…
- Angela shares how she has struggled with anxiety, and how she organizes her life and work schedule to minimize her stress levels.
- How often do you check email? How often do you check in when you are on vacation from your small business?
- Angela explains how she prioritizes her week and days.
- For most of us, starting and running a small business requires lots of time and energy. Often, we sacrifice our time with our family and for ourselves. The challenge is that we get carried away and don’t look for a balance. But can we really achieve balance between business and family/personal life?
- What do you mean by “Setting Healthy Boundaries”? (Free Download: Setting Healthy Boundaries)
- As an entrepreneur setting boundaries for work, home, maybe current job, family, and the biggest missing piece – self-care and things that bring you joy. How do I begin to discover and implement this?
- Discuss getting clear on your values and the life you want to create. Why do you want to create (or continue to have) this business of your own? What does it give you access to?
- Why it’s so important to get crystal clear on what you want to create for your life and legacy.
Special Offer – Spark Society:
- About Angela’s program: Angela’s signature group coaching program, Spark Society, is designed to take you from a life of going through the motions to one filled with purpose and joy. This 4-month group and 1:1 coaching program will empower you to get back to what matters most and create a life you truly love. Schedule a free Clarity Call with Angela to see if it’s the right fit for you.
- Special Offer: 20% off the program with code THEHOWOFBUSINESS
- To learn more, schedule a FREE Clarity Call with Angela Wagner
- Please note: This will not be a high-pressure sales call. Instead, Angela is genuinely open to having a brief conversation with you to help you both determine if her programs are a fit for you.
Episode Host: Henry Lopez is a serial entrepreneur, small business coach, and the host of this episode of The How of Business podcast show – dedicated to helping you start, run and grow your small business.
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].
- Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art by James Nestor
Other Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.