Conquer the Chaos with Clate Mask.
How to conquer the chaos of small business with entrepreneur Clate Mask.
Clate Mask is the co-founder and CEO of Keap (formerly Infusionsoft), a sales and marketing automation software for small businesses. He is a national speaker on entrepreneurship and small business success, and co-author of the New York Times bestseller “Conquer the Chaos: How to Grow a Successful Small Business Without Going Crazy”.
Clate lives in Gilbert, Arizona.
More about the book Conque the Chaos:
Create the business you want without sacrificing the lifestyle you deserve. The majority of new entrepreneurs (and even those with a little more experience) are finding themselves trapped, controlled, and consumed by their own businesses. They are struggling just to keep their businesses running, let alone actually growing their companies and experiencing the success they anticipated.
Conquer the Chaos speaks to you as a small business owner by making sense of the overwhelming demands on your business and providing a twenty-first century recipe for success with sanity. With engaging stories, quotes, and examples, Conquer the Chaos leads you through the six strategies you can incorporate to bring order to your business today. Find the money, time, and freedom in entrepreneurship that inspired you in the first place
Successfully juggle customers, prospects, management of employees, marketing, sales, accounting, and more
Get from just surviving to growing your company and experiencing success
Conquer the Chaos gives you the no-nonsense, ready-to-go guide that gets your business exactly where you want it to be.
Conquer the Chaos with Clate Mask:
- Clate has a BA in Economics from Arizona State University, as well as an MBA and a JD from Brigham Young University.
- “I love building small businesses. I went to law school and business school, but I couldn’t get excited about going to work for a big consulting or law firm. Small business growth is what I love. I get to do that every day at Keap… helping our business grow by helping tens of thousands of entrepreneurs grow their businesses using our marketing and sales software.” – Clate Mask
- Please briefly share the story of what led you to founding Infusionsoft, now Keap?
- When did you know you wanted to be your own boss? Who were early entrepreneurial influences?
- Why are you a business owner? What does it provide you?
- Why did you write “Conquer the Chaos: How to Grow a Successful Small Business Without Going Crazy” and who is it for?
- In your experience and observation, why can small businesses become chaotic?
- Sometimes we, and our staff, tend to embrace and hide behind the chaos?
- Discussion of the Keap Small Business Growth Trends report:
- four unique types of small business owners: Overwhelmed (28%), Connected (22% of respondents), Growth-Focused (25% of respondents), and Gratified (26% of respondents)
- Small Business Owners Top Challenges:
- 51% – top marketing challenge is finding qualified prospects.
- 48% – time to get everything done.
- How does Sales & Marketing automation help us control and avoid chaos in our small business?
- What are some common mistakes small business owners make when it comes to Sales & Marketing automation (or the lack there of)?
- Please introduce what you mean by “Mindset Strategies and achieving balance”.
- Please introduce your “Systems Strategies and controlling speed”.
- How do you balance work, family, and health?
Episode Host: Henry Lopez is a serial entrepreneur, small business coach, and the host of this episode of The How of Business podcast show – dedicated to helping you start, run and grow your small business.
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].
- Conquer the Chaos: How to Grow a Successful Small Business Without Going Crazy by Clate Mask, Scott Martineau
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael E. Gerber
Other Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.
This episode of The How of Business podcast is sponsored by
We have received compensation from this sponsor partner. We only accept sponsorships from companies who we believe provide products and services that are valuable for small business owners.
The following is a full transcript of this episode. This transcript was produced by an automated system and may contain some typos.