Wendy Knutson – CPA Insights for Small Business
In this episode we interview Wendy Knutson, a CPA and the owner of the accounting firm Knutson CPA. Wendy’s shares her unique journey to becoming a CPA and starting her own firm, and accounting & tax tips and advice for small business owners.
Wendy has over 30 years of accounting experience and received her CPA license in Texas in 2008. A QuickBooks user since the 1990’s and a QuickBooks ProAdvisor, Wendy served a two year term as one of 15 members of Intuit’s Accountant & Advisor Customer Council from 2012-2014. In 2015, Wendy became a Certified Profit First Professional to guide business owners on the journey to increasing their profitability.
She is the owner of Knutson CPA, an accounting firm based in Southlake, Texas.
Wendy and her husband Dan have two adult daughters and they live in Keller, Texas.
- Wendy shares her journey to becoming a successful CPA and starting her own accounting firm to serve small business owners.
- She explains what it means to be certified as a Profit First Professional.
- She explains the importance of paying yourself first as a business owner. Why do business owners lose sight of this most important objective?
- Wendy shares her tips & advice for new small business owners, related to seeking accounting guidance and planning. How do you find a CPA that is the right fit for you?
- She also shares insights for existing small business owners.
- “Don’t spend money to save taxes.”
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].