Bookkeeping for Small Business with Justine Lackey
Bookkeeping for Small Business with Justine Lackey. Justine shares her entrepreneur journey and tips and techniques for small business bookkeeping.
Justine Lackey is the founder and Chief Wealth Officer of Good Cents Bookkeeping, and she has had the privilege to work with many talented people across a wide spectrum of industries. Justine is a bookkeeping expert who specializes in helping creative professionals, service-based industries, and Internet Marketers all across the US stay in control of their finances. With over 20+ years of experience in the field, Justine has been featured on Forbes.com, Entrepeneur.com, in Woman’s Day Magazine, and several podcasts and published books.
Justine lives in the New York City area.
Topics related to small business bookkeeping addressed in this episode include:
- Justine introduces what Bookkeeping typically entails for a small business owner.
- She shares some standard practices and techniques to help small business owners manage their financial transactions.
- How will a good bookkeeping system help small business owners make better business decisions?
- What tools and accounting systems do you recommend?
- Tips or techniques to help avoid frauds and scams?
- What’s the difference between my Bookkeeper and my CPA?
- When should I hire a Bookkeeper?
- What should I expect to pay for Bookkeeping services?
- What should I look for when hiring a Bookkeeper?
- What are your thoughts on digital versus paper copies of receipts, invoices, bills, etc.?
- How has online banking and the ability to integrate and download banking and credit card transactions, impacted bookkeeping for small business owners?
Episode Host: Henry Lopez is a serial entrepreneur, small business coach, and the host of this episode of The How of Business podcast show – dedicated to helping you start, run and grow your small business.
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].
- 168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think by Laura Vanderkam
Other Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.