Trademarks & Copyrights for Small Business with Andrea Sager
How to use Trademarks and Copyrights to protect your small business and intellectual property with attorney Andrea Sager.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: Henry Lopez is not an attorney, and Andrea Sager may not be your attorney. Please be sure to seek your own legal guidance from your attorney before taking action on anything shared in this episode. Read our full Disclaimer.
Andrea Sager is a serial entrepreneur who left a big law firm after realizing her true passion was assisting small business owners. While in law school, she started her first business, a women’s clothing boutique. After she sold her store and began her career as a lawyer, she quickly realized she wouldn’t be able to assist fellow small business owners, which is why she started Andrea Sager Law PLLC, a virtual law firm.
With her unique experience running multiple businesses, she is a trusted legal expert for small business owners as they grow their business. Andrea is not just an attorney – she develops business partnership relations with her clients, guiding them through all stages of their business growth.
She understands that every small business has a different budget, which is why Andrea Sager Law provides several different modes of service – subscription based, flat-fee, contingency fee, hourly and do-it-yourself. Andrea’s practice focuses exclusively on federal law, including trademarks, copyrights, and other business services. The Legalpreneur membership program starts at $199.
Andrea is also the host of her own show, The Legalpreneur Podcast.
Andrea lives in Deer Park, Texas (near Houston).
Topics discussed on this episode:
- Please introduce trademarks and how they work.
- When should I consider a Trademark?
- Should I file now as I launch my small business or later?
- How do I defend my Trademark for my small business?
- What are some of the common misconceptions about Trademarks?
- What cannot be protected by a trademark, and why?
- Why do I need an attorney to file for a Trademark?
- When do I need a Copyright?
- Isn’t a copyright automatic? Why do I need to register?
- How do I defend a copyright infringement?
- How can I get in trouble as a business owner with other people’s copyrights?
- Whey do I need an attorney to help me with this?
Episode Host: Henry Lopez is a serial entrepreneur, small business coach, and the host of this episode of The How of Business podcast show – dedicated to helping you start, run and grow your small business.
- Get $30 OFF first month of the Legalpreneur Membership plan. Use the Promo Code: HOB – [Learn More]
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].
- I Will Teach You to Be Rich, Second Edition: No Guilt. No Excuses. No BS. Just a 6-Week Program That Works by Ramit Sethi
Other Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.