Business Systems for Your Small Business with David Jenyns
Business Systems for Your Small Business with David Jenyns. David shares his entrepreneur story and his 7-Step process for developing systems.
David Jenyns is an entrepreneur, and his business experience spans from franchising retail clothing stores, to founding one of Australia’s most trusted digital agencies. He is also the author of upcoming book “SYSTEMology”, and the host of the Business Systems Simplified Podcast. In 2016, David successfully systematized himself out of his business. He hired a CEO and stepped back from the daily operations. Through this process he became a systems devotee – founding systemHUB & SYSTEMology. Today, his mission is to free all business owners worldwide from the daily operations of running their business. Recognized as a high achieving entrepreneur, you will find many of David’s keynote presentations on YouTube including: TEDx, WordCamp and Problogger.
David lives in Melbourne, Australia.
- Please briefly share the story of your entrepreneurial journey, and what led you to systemizing your melbourneSEOservices.com business…
- When did you know you wanted to be your own boss? Who were early entrepreneurial influences?
- What are two personal characteristics you believe has been instrumental to your success in business?
- Please introduce the 7-Step process to developing systems:
- 1 – Define (“…identify the 10 to 15 mission-critical systems…”
- 2 – Assign (“…myth that it needs to be the business owner when doing your systems and processes…)
- 3 – Extract (“…myth that to document systems and processes is time-consuming…”) – Please share a tip on how to minimize the effort on this?
- 4 – Organize
- 5 – Integrate
- 6 – Scale
- 7 – Optimize
- Would you please share a couple of tips or techniques to help small business owners hire “A” Players?
- You have studied and interviewed Michael E. Gerber, author of the E-Myth series and the most recommended book on my show. What is one thing about the E-Myth methodology and approach to working “on” a business that you have observed many small business owners misunderstand or incorrectly implement?
- “…you can’t fix a broken business…you have to start over…” Michael E. Gerber – What does he mean by that? (from your interview with Gerber on your podcast). (Scale to Sale)
- In your experience, why do some systems fail?
- What are some other common mistakes small business owners make related to developing, implementing and consistently executing their systems?
- What is one thing you want us to take away from our conversation?
- Where would like us to go online to find out more about you and your business? (Recommend sharing one website to make it easier for the listener to remember and take action.)
Episode Host: Henry Lopez is a serial entrepreneur, small business coach, and the host of this episode of The How of Business podcast show – dedicated to helping you start, run and grow your small business.
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].
Other Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.
- Bonuses from David Jenyns.
- SYSTEMology – Create Time, Reduce Errors and Scale Your Profits with Proven Business Systems by David Janyns
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael E. Gerber
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman