Selling with Noble Purpose with Lisa McLeod
How to start Selling with Noble Purpose to grow your small business with Lisa McLeod. She also shares her entrepreneur story.
Lisa McLeod is a sales expert with a focus on purpose-driven business. She is the bestselling author of “Selling with Noble Purpose: How to Drive Revenue and Do Work That Makes You Proud.” Lisa has spent two decades helping leaders increase competitive differentiation and emotional engagement. Her work debunks the myth that money is the primary motivation for most employees. She developed the Noble Purpose philosophy after her research revealed, salespeople who sell with Noble Purpose, who truly want to make a difference to their customers, outsell salespeople who focus on their own targets and quotas.
Lisa is a former Procter & Gamble Sales Leader who founded her own firm, McLeod & More, Inc. in 2001. She helps leaders at organizations like Cisco and Dave & Busters drive exponential revenue growth. Lisa has keynoted in 25 countries and authored over 2,000 articles. She has made appearances on the Today show and the NBC Nightly News, and her firm’s work has been featured in Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, and NPR.
Henry Lopez and Lisa McLeod discuss selling with a noble purpose to help you grow your small business, and also discuss Lisa’s entrepreneur journey:
- Sales Career – why do you choose a sales career?
- What led to launching your first firm?
- When did you know you wanted to be your own boss? Who were early entrepreneurial influences?
- What does having your own business provide for you today?
- Please introduce what you mean by “Selling with Noble Purpose.”
- How does having a noble purpose influence sales results?
- Is sales a noble profession? Many small business owners struggle with sales, in part because they believe it’s manipulative or about lying.
- Please share an example of selling with a noble purpose.
- Why should this matter to a small business owner?
- Why do Purpose-Driven Businesses have a financial advantage?
- How to be a more inspiring leader, particularly if your business is struggling through the COVID-19 crisis? How do you remain transparent, while still being an inspirational leader?
- The 1 Question: How will the customers be difference as a result of doing business with us?
Episode Host: Henry Lopez is a serial entrepreneur, small business coach, and the host of this episode of The How of Business podcast show – dedicated to helping you start, run and grow your small business.
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].
- Selling With Noble Purpose: How to Drive Revenue and Do Work That Makes You Proud by Lisa Earle McLeod
- The Context Marketing Revolution: How to Motivate Buyers in the Age of Infinite Media by Mathew Sweezey
Other Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.
Are you ready to be your own boss?
COUPON CODE: HOB-341-20
Use the coupon code above to receive a discount on the “Starting Your Business – Are You Ready?” online course. This is a limited time coupon.