Building Your Personal Brand with Melva Robertson.
How to build your personal brand with Melva Robertson. She shares her personal story & how she helps her clients develop their personal branding.
Melva Robertson is an experienced publicist, writer, public relations professional, and speaker. She is the founder of the Write Media Group. Throughout her career, she has generated positive media campaigns on a local, national, and international level for large organizations as well as individual clients. She has worked with clients ranging from professional athletes, authors, designers, magazine editors, to non-profits. Melva has authored chapters in two books, and recently released her debut book available on Amazon titled, “Congratulations! It’s a Brand: The entrepreneur’s guide to birthing the brand, identifying the target audience, and increasing visibility.”
She is the founder of the Own Your Own (OYO) Movement which consists of an entrepreneurship and branding summit as well as the Own Your Own TV show.
Melva lives in Marietta, Georgia.
Episode Host: Henry Lopez is a serial entrepreneur, small business coach, and the host of this episode of The How of Business podcast show – dedicated to helping you start, run and grow your small business.
- What is Personal Branding and why is it important?
- Please introduce the Branding Principle.
- Please share some of the key characteristic of a personal brand.
- For very small business owners and solo-preneurs, I believe developing a personal brand is as important, if not more, than trying to build a brand around a business name (not our name). What are your thoughts on this?
- 7 Qualities of a Successful Brand.
- What’s has changed or emerged over the past year as it relates to personal branding? What is not working as well anymore?
- What is Public Relations from the perspective of the small business owner or solo-practitioner?
- What are some common mistakes people make with Personal Branding?
- How do I get started with what I already have? (“…start with baby steps…”)
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].
- Congratulations! It’s a Brand.: The entrepreneur’s guide to birthing the brand, identifying the target audience, and increasing visibility
- Thinkertoys: A Handbook of Creative-Thinking Techniques
- Strengths Based Leadership: Great Leaders, Teams, and Why People Follow
Other Podcast Episodes:
You can find other episodes of The How of Business podcast, the best small business podcast, on our Archives page.